1. Videogame Intern - Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Archives and Manuscripts, the intern will be responsible for processing the manuscripts, photographs, digital records, artifacts and over sized materials acquired for the UT Videogame Archive. The intern will:
- create accession records for incoming accessions.
- re-house and create checklists for unprocessed portions of the collections.
- assist in the pick up and transportation of new acquisitions.
- prepare boxes for transfer to the Briscoe Center's offsite facilities.
- assist the Digital Archivist in recovering records from digital media in the Videogame Archive collections.
- assist the Digital Archivist in the UTVA Hardware Cataloging and Rehousing Project
- create EAD finding aids.
- enter data into *UTCAT and OCLC bibliographic databases and other related functions as assigned.
- assist in marketing and outreach efforts for the Videogame Archive, including the enhancement and regular maintenance of the Archive's website. Job posting
2. Reference Intern - Under the supervision of the Head of Reference Services, the intern will perform job duties such as providing reference services to students, faculty, staff and visitors, in person and by telephone, mail, and electronic mail. Additional duties include routine clerical tasks such as data entry, filing and receptionist work; participating in the continuing development of the Briscoe Center's website and Reference Wiki; special archival and library projects; other duties as assigned. Job posting
3. Library Monographs Intern - Under the supervision of the Head of Library Services, the intern may perform these tasks: catalog books and serials, perform minor preservation repair, manage a database of gifts and accessions, participate in collection development projects, and staff the reference and information desk as needed. Job posting
4. Clements Metadata Intern - Under the supervision of the Digital Archivist, the intern will be responsible for metadata creation, normalization, and crosswalking for both existing Briscoe Center digital assets and digital assets that will be created in the course of the Clements project. The intern will also be responsible for assisting the Digital Archivist in the ongoing creation and maintenance of project documentation. This position may also be responsible for creating tutorials, contributing to content development for metadata staff in-service, and investigating potential reuses for our existing metadata. Job posting