Employment opportunities at the Dolph Briscoe Center for American History.
1. Clements Project Intern - Under the supervision of the Clements Digitization Project Archivist, the intern will assist with surveying the Clements Papers, scanning, and metadata creation, as well as other duties related to the digitization project. This internship opportunity presents a unique opportunity to work hands-on with a variety of materials and experience each step of the processing project, from the initial survey of materials to the completed finding aid. Job Posting
2. Clements Web Developer - Purpose of position Provide website design, development, and programming support to the Clements Project, a major archival digitization initiative. Collaborate with project and Briscoe Center staff to achieve project objectives. Essential functions: Collaborate with Briscoe Center staff, specifically the Digital Content Manager, Digital Archivist, Webmaster, and the Clements Project Manager on the implementation of a new digital preservation and web publishing infrastructure composed of Drupal, Islandora, and Fedora. Develop and integrate existing application programming interfaces (APIs) that support the ingest of digital objects into the Fedora Repository and the synchronization of Fedora objects with Drupal nodes. Collaborate on developing the scope and the functional requirements for Drupal Views and supporting functionality for both the Center's primary website and the Clements Project site. Support user experience testing and evaluation of the Briscoe Center and Clements Project websites in coordination with the Center's digital projects team; incorporate results of user testing into improvements for both sites. Job Posting
3. Rapoport Project Intern - Under the supervision of the Rapoport Project Archivist, the intern will assist with the arrangement and description of the Bernard Rapoport Papers. In particular, the intern will participate in the identification of preservation needs and privacy and confidentiality issues. The intern will also assist in other duties as needed, for the preparation of the release for the enhanced, digital edition of Being Rapoport: Capitalist with a Conscience. Assist in other duties as needed. Full Job Description
4. Photo Archives Internship - Under the supervision of the Photographs Archivist and the Photography Services Coordinator, the intern's primary responsibilities will be to process collections and answer reference questions. The intern will also be trained to create archival quality digital files for EAD finding aids and to integrate these into an existing database with the appropriate metadata. Additional training related to preservation, arrangement, description, and creation of finding aids for archival collections consisting primarily or exclusively of photographic materials will be provided as time permits. Participation in various special projects such as web exhibits and opportunities to learn other aspects of archival enterprise will be scheduled as they become available. Full Job Description
5. Student Assistant: Archives of American Mathematics - Under the supervision of the archivist, the assistant will preserve, arrange, describe, and create finding aids for collections in the Archives of American Mathematics to make the materials available for research; create MARC records and TARO finding aids using Oxygen software; digitize audio cassettes and use Glifos software to create access tools; other digital projects as they arise; assist the Archivist as needed to transport boxes to and from the Collections Deposit Library; and perform other duties as assigned. Full Job Description
6. University Archives Intern - Under the supervision of the Briscoe Center's Registrar, the intern will preserve, arrange, describe, and create finding aids for archival collections, with an emphasis on the University of Texas Archives, thereby making these materials available and more accessible for research. Descriptions of the collections and creation of finding aids will include use of MARC cataloging and Encoded Archival Description. The intern will assist with special projects as needed. Full Job Description
7. Archives Intern - Under the supervision of the Head of Archives and Manuscripts Unit, the intern will preserve, arrange, describe, and create finding aids for archival collections, thereby making these materials available and more accessible for research. Descriptions of the collections and creation of finding aids will include use of MARC cataloging and Encoded Archival Description. The intern will assist with special projects as needed. Full Job Description
8. Digital Archives Intern - Under the supervision of the Digital Archivist, the Digital Archives Student Intern will assist the Digital Archivist in implementing and configuring scalable born-digital workflows using Archivematica. The intern will be responsible for creating documentation to be used by Briscoe staff in training new LAI's responsible for processing hybrid collections. The intern will also be responsible for processing collections into the UTDR. Full Job Description
9. Videogame Archives Intern - Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Archives & Manuscripts, the intern will be responsible for processing the manuscripts, photographs, digital records, artifacts and over sized materials acquired for the UT Videogame Archive.
The intern will:
- create accession records for incoming accessions.
- re-house and create checklists for unprocessed portions of the collections.
- assist in the pick up and transportation of new acquisitions.
- prepare boxes for transfer to the Briscoe Center's offsite facilities.
- assist the Digital Archivist in recovering records from digital media in the Videogame Archive collections.
- perform word processing and use EAD (encoded archival description) to produce an online finding aid.
- enter data into *UTCAT and OCLC bibliographic databases and other related functions as assigned.
- assist in marketing and outreach the Archive's website.
9. Business Office Intern - Under the supervision of the Business Office Senior Administrative Associate, the intern will assist with daily mail distribution at SRH and ANB, daily mail run to ANB and Tower, general office work: filing, copies, packing books, general data entry, and telephones, other duties as assigned. Full Job Description
10. Research and Collections Assistant - Assist the staff of Research and Collections Division with clerical tasks including photocopying, data entry, packaging items for mailing, retrieving archival materials for photocopying, create invoice documents using Microsoft Word, count photocopy orders, and other tasks as assigned. Full Job Description