|UT women club teams of the
1920s wore bloomers and played a half-court game designed
to avoid excessive running.
director of women's athletics from 1921 to 1957, sought
to involve all women in sports at the expense of elite,
intercollegiate competition. The Women's Gym she had
built in 1931 now bears her name.
|Spurred by Title IX federal
education legislation, UT's first full-fledged varsity
women's team took the court in 1975.
|In 1986, under
Coach Jody Conradt, the Lady Longhorns ran over all
competition on their way to a 34-0 record and the
Previous Page ~ Image Index ~ Next Page