Winedale - Buildings & Decorative Arts -
This one-room school was built about 1894 on a site approximately a quarter mile northeast of its present location. The school served the predominantly German community both as an elementary school until 1943 and for Lutheran church services until 1945. The building also served as a hay barn before it was moved to its present location in 1992. Former students at the Winedale School restored the school and donated it to the University of Texas at Austin in 1994. The school's former students gather annually in the spring for the Winedale School Reunion. The building is furnished and serves as a venue for Winedale educational programs.