- Online Reference Tools
- Get Reference Help
- Request Duplication
- Plan Your Research Visit
Due to staff constraints orders are taking at least six weeks to process and ship.
- Photograph the vast majority of our holdings with a personal digital camera or borrow the Briscoe Center's digital camera for use in the Reading Room only. Completion of the Personal Camera Use Agreement required. Resulting images are for personal reference use only, in lieu of photocopies.
- Use our self-service machine to photocopy books and vertical files at no cost, limit of 25 copies per day. All requests for photocopying are subject to the approval of Briscoe Center staff. We do not allow self-service copying of photographic or archival collection materials.
If neither of these options will work for you, you may place a photocopy order remotely.
- $10 basic service charge on all orders, regardless of size
- $.50 per page for copying (reduced to $.25 per page for orders placed in the Reading Room)
- $6 for packing and mailing each unit of 300 pages (waived if the order is picked up)*
- 8.25% Texas sales tax on orders shipped in-state
*We can also fax your order at $1/page, plus a $5 long distance or $10 international call fee, if applicable. Orders shipped outside the United States will incur higher shipping fees. The Photocopy Technician (firstname.lastname@example.org or 512/495-4365) will discuss this with you.
To order photocopies:
We can walk you through the process in our Reading Room or:
- Fill out the downloadable order form, following the citation examples that we have provided. See our reference policies to determine if you will need to hire a proxy researcher to locate the item(s) you seek.
- Submit the form by fax (512-495-4542), by mail, or by email (email@example.com). A representative from the duplication department will contact you about payment, if your order will total more than $50, or to let you know that the order has shipped, along with an invoice for the copies.
Questions regarding our photocopy service?
Please contact the Photocopy Technician at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 495-4365.