Due to staff constraints orders are taking at least six weeks to process and ship.
There may be speedier, more cost-effective alternatives to ordering low resolution scans:
- If possible, visit the Briscoe Center’s Reading Room and photograph the vast majority of our holdings with a personal digital camera. Resulting images are for personal reference use only.
- Hire an Austin-area researcher (PDF) to do the research for you.
If neither of these options will work for you, you may place an order remotely for low resolution scans.
- All delivery will be in digital format via the internet unless specified otherwise
- Please let the Duplication Coordinator know what your deadline is
- Rush fees apply to orders that must be delivered in five business days
All low resolution scanning requests require prepayment:
- In cases where the exact number of scans required is unknown, the requester will authorize the Briscoe Center to make a specified number of copies.
- The Briscoe Center will invoice the requester for this specified amount.
- Once the requester has provided the Briscoe Center with either a credit card number or a check for the amount on the invoice, work will begin on the request.
- If the request requires fewer scans than specified, the Briscoe Center will adjust the invoice to reflect the lower fee and process the payment.
- if the request requires more scans than specified on the invoice, the Briscoe Center will get the requester's consent before proceeding.
- $10 basic service charge on all orders
- $.50 per page for copying (reduced to $.25 per page for orders placed in the Reading Room)
- Rush fees (if applicable): additional $.50 per image (or $.25 for orders placed onsite)
- Microfilm duplication $35 per reel for existing negative
- Permission must be obtained from the Briscoe Center to place copies of manuscript materials in other archival institutions
- Low resolution scans are for personal study or research and cannot be published, exhibited, or reproduced in any way.
To order low resolution scans remotely:
- Fill out the LOW RESOLUTION SCANNING AND MICROFILM ORDER FORM,
- Submit the form to the Duplication Coordinator in person, by email (email@example.com) or mail.
- After we receive your form, the Duplication Coordinator will email you an invoice. Prepayment is required on all orders. Please do not send payment until you have received an invoice.
All questions should be directed to the Duplication Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 495-4555.