Public Service Announcement
Renovation Work at the Briscoe Center
November 16, 2015
In 2016, the Briscoe Center will undergo the renovation of its public service space in Sid Richardson Hall Unit 2. This new space, open in 2017, will include first-class reading and seminar rooms, as well as 4,000 square feet of exhibit space.
Your Research During Our Renovation
Beginning February 22, 2016, public reference services will operate from the special collections reading room in the LLILAS Benson Latin American Collection, our neighbors in Sid Richardson Hall Unit 1. We are very grateful to their director and staff for hosting the Briscoe Center's public services.
- Dates: The Briscoe Center will open to the public in our current location after the winter break from January 4 to February 12, 2016. We will close during the week of February 15th and open for business from the Benson Latin American Special Collections on February 22, 2016.
- Times: The center will accommodate researchers by appointment Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. During the renovation, there will be no public service on Saturdays or evenings. Walk-in researchers will be served if space is available. More information about making appointments for research will be available soon on the "Plan Your Visit" section of the Briscoe Center's website.
- Onsite Retrieval Limits: The temporary relocation of our public service operations will lead to a reduction in the amount of material available to a researcher throughout the day. We will deliver items to researchers once an hour with a maximum of three boxes on hold at all times.
- Offsite Retrieval Limits: Retrieval of materials from offsite storage will continue, but there will be a limit of seven items on hold at one time. We encourage researchers to work with the reference staff and the offsite coordinator to request materials a week before they visit.
- Feedback: The Briscoe Center will strive to meet the needs of researchers during the renovation. We ask for your patience and forbearance, as well as your feedback.